Noodle dishes are not only delicious, but are usually quick and easy to prepare and cook. This Vegetable Singapore Noodles recipe is no exception, with only 30 minutes between starting and eating. Who wants to hang around for their dinner? Not me!
The crux of this recipe is noodles flavored with curry powder and the soy sauce based marinade, you can then cook it all up with whatever vegetables you like, or whatever you have to hand – this is like a lot of the recipes that I decide to feature on this website, it’s very easy to change up a lot of the ingredients. Don’t feel that you have to stick 100% to these recipes people!
I like to cook up a big old batch of this as it keeps very well in the fridge for a day or two. Much like when I get a Chinese or Thai takeaway, I always order far too much on purpose as I absolutely love leftover takeaway food for lunch the next day. Amazing!
Vegetable Singapore Noodles Ingredients
- 200 grams (7 oz) rice vermicelli
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 grams (7 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped and whites separated from greens
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Half a red pepper, sliced
- Half a head of broccoli, chopped
- Half a zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- A handful of bean sprouts (about 75 grams / 2.6 oz)
- A small handful of fresh cilantro
- Sriracha, to serve
- 1 lime, sliced