One of my favorite things to eat when having a Chinese take out or in a restaurant are spring rolls, so when I found this recipe for Vegan Spring Rolls you can imagine how happy it made me.
I was always a bit put off from making my own spring rolls as it looked a little fiddly and difficult, but I’m pleased to report that these are really easy. You start by sauteing up the onion, chilli and garlic, and then you add the other vegetables (feel free to add ingredients which aren’t in the ‘official list’ here, that’s the beauty of this recipe, you can improvise with what you like, or what’s in your fridge). Once the veg is all cooked up, you let it cool and then wrap it up in the rice paper and chill it. Check out the full recipe link below for more detailed instructions and enjoy!
Vegan Spring Rolls Ingredients
- rice paper spring roll wraps
- 3 or 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1 pepper (bell pepper) chopped
- couple of mushrooms, chopped
- large handful of fresh basil and/or any others
- any other veggies
- toasted sesame oil
- soy sauce
- a few fresh buttery lettuce leaves