This is a nice and easy (and quick) recipe for Vegan Meatballs which I found recently and cooked up for dinner last night. It went really well and the whole family seemed to enjoy them, which is usually a green light for me to share them here.
This recipe seems to be one of the best ones that I’ve come across for maintaining their shape and not disintegrating when you cook them with the sauce, which is always a bit of a disaster and you just end up with a sloppy mess. The key ingredient for this integrity according to The Stingy Vegan (who’s recipe it is – see the link below) is the vital wheat gluten, and as this isn’t something you find all that commonly, you might have to shop around (health food shops for example) or get some online.
It goes without saying, that these go perfectly with spaghetti and that is exactly how I served them up. Absolutely divine!
Vegan Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 medium-large potato (about 225 grams / 8 oz), peeled and diced
- ½ cup (100 grams) cooked white beans
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cloves of garlic, 3 roughly chopped, 2 minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (130 grams) vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Half a red pepper, diced
- 1 cup (240 ml) tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
This vegan recipe and beautiful photos are courtesy of The Stingy Vegan. You can get this delicious Vegan Meatballs recipe by clicking here.