Carrying on from yesterday’s Peanut Butter Sweet Potato curry (which we also had today for lunch with some cauli rice – yum!) is this recipe for Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie Pie, as I seem to be in a peanut butter mood (I also had peanut butter on toast for breakfast – must be a phase I’m going through!).
As with a lot of recipes that we feature here, this is very easy to make – you basically just blend up the ingredients, fold in the chocolate chips, and then bake. See the link below to the full article for further instructions.
This pie is begging to be served with your favorite vegan ice cream, otherwise, like most desserts like this, it can be a little dry if you just ate it by itself.
Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie Pie Ingredients
- ½ cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas , drained if using canned
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (refined if you dont want the coconut flavor)
- ⅓ cup nut butter such as peanut, almond or cashew, or use sunbutter to make nut-free
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 to 4 tbsp coconut sugar or other sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp salt (depends on if the nut butter and chickpeas are already salted)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
This vegan recipe and beautiful photos are courtesy of Vegan Richa. You can get this delicious Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie Pie recipe by clicking here.