This amazing Miso Lentil Soup is vegan, gluten free, and can even be soy free (replace the miso with chickpea miso). This may look more like a stew from the photos, but you can loosen it up and make it more soup-like just by adding more vegetable broth. I love having big, chunky vegetables in my soups so I can treat them more like a main meal, so I like to have the zucchini in big, coarse chunks and sweetcorn also lends the soup a nice ‘bite’.
This soup have mainly seasonal vegetables from the summer, so it is probably at it’s best during those months, but it will work just fine in the other seasons too – and soup really works best in the Fall or Winter doesn’t it?
Miso Lentil Soup with Summer Sweet Corn and Zucchini Ingredients
For the pan-roasted zucchini and sweet corn:
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 ears corn kernels removed from the cob
- 2 zucchini diced
- salt and pepper
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice (lime juice also works)
For the miso lentil soup:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 and 1/2 cups green or brown lentils rinsed and drained
- 6 tbsp white or yellow miso
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh tarragon (optional, for serving) (or use other herbs like basil or parsley)
This vegan recipe and beautiful photos are courtesy of Yup, It's Vegan. You can get this delicious Miso Lentil Soup with Sweetcorn and Zucchini recipe by clicking here.