This is an easy, versatile and delicious Homemade Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce to make. It’s perfect if you grow your own tomatoes and it’s harvest time and you suddenly have so many tomatoes that you don’t know what to do with them all! You should be ok to store the sauce in the fridge for around a week afterwards, so you can make a decent sized batch.
The roasted garlic smells divine and goes really well with the tomatoes. You won’t have tasted a sauce as fresh as this before and you will be having it with every meal you make!
Homemade Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 1 large head garlic, about 10 cloves + drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 5 lbs. fresh ripe plummy tomatoes, washed, stems removed and chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped (use as much or as little as you like, but don’t go over like 1/4 cup)
This vegan recipe and beautiful photos are courtesy of Jessica in the Kitchen. You can get this delicious Homemade Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce recipe by clicking here.