These garlic breads are an easy, tasty and healthy version of the original white loaf covered in butter. I usually serve them along with my homemade tomato soup, but you can serve it as a snack or side dish to whatever you like.
Ingredients for garlic bread:
- Whole-wheat or gluten-free bread (I use 100% whole grain bread I have made myself)
- Approx. 1 ts olive oil pr. slice of bread, depending on size
- 2-3 garlic cloves pr. slice of bread (I used a combination of fresh garlic and garlic powder since we were almost out of garlic)
- Mix olive oil and garlic cloves/powder (preferably fresh) and use a pastry brush/basting brush to evenly spread it out on the bread. You need a surprisingly low amount of oil to cover a piece of bread so start with a small amount, and use more if you think it is needed.
- The garlic bread should be in the oven (at 200 degrees Celsius/397 degrees Fahrenheit) for anywhere from 7-15 minutes depending on how thick the slices are, so pay attention and take them out when they are golden and crispy.
And they are ready to be served! Really anyone can make these and they taste as good, if not better, than the traditional garlic bread.