In my previous post I shared with you, in exclusive detail, my love for my homemade vegan version of Nutella, so it is only fitting that I post some recipes that I like to use it in (even though 90% of the time I just eat it straight out the jar with a spoon). Some of my favorite ways are definitely making Chocolate Chip Cookies, Banana Pancakes (stay tuned, I will post those recipes very soon), and of course this recipe for my vegan ‘Nutella’ Milkshake. The consistency of this is exactly like regular milkshake, without having to add in any processed vegan yogurt or ice-cream.
This recipe is in many ways adapted from my Simple Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice-Cream that I posted a while back. The main difference between this recipe and the previous one is that I did not add in any dates here, because that is already the sweetener in the homemade ‘Nutella’.
Ingredients, makes 1 large glass:
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons of Healthy Homemade Vegan Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup crushed ice (or ice cubes)
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- Slice up your frozen bananas and add them into the blender along with all the other ingredients. Blend this until the milkshake is completely smooth, and there are no chunks. Pour into a large glass, sprinkle on some chopped hazelnuts and enjoy!
And voilá, delicious vegan Nutella milkshake!