Just like I mentioned in my Chickpea Falafel recipe, I have long been working on a tortilla recipe. One that is not only gluten-free and vegan, but also fully whole meal. Finally I decided to make a savory version of the crêpes recipe, and lo and behold, it worked perfectly. I was really excited to share it with all of you but when I checked my camera yesterday, the pictures I had taken during making them has been deleted. Which is really, really annoying, since I wanted to post that before this one.
But I have to make the best out of the situation and decided to publish this recipe before. You can therefore use either store-bought tortillas or play around with making your own. I will share the homemade tortilla recipe as soon as I get the time to re-make the dish, but it might take a couple of days. I hope you enjoy this nonetheless!
Bean Burritos Ingredients:
- 10 whole meal gluten-free vegan tortillas (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 cups cooked beans
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup homemade spicy salsa
- 1 cup cashew sour cream (or tofu version)
Seasoning, to taste:
- nutritional yeast
- freshly ground black pepper
- maldon salt
Bean Burritos Directions:
- Make the tortillas according to either the package or the recipe (link will be added soon).
- Heat up a medium-sized pot. Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Once that is done, add in the beans and corn kernels as well, cooking for 3 minutes stirring. Finally add in the salsa, sour cream and seasoning. Allow this to cook for about 2-5 minutes, enough for it to get properly heated. Stir cilantro into mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately, next to a side salad and the left-over filling.