Why hello there! At first I was planning on making an alfredo dish with a vegan cauliflower sauce, but when I opened my fridge I saw that someone had eaten it all. I really hate having a vegan sister sometimes, always stealing the best veggies. But the show must go on. Instead I went with using some delicious avocados.
Prepare yourself for this lean mean green dish yo. A quick, easy and oh-so delicious dinner, ready to eat in 15 minutes flat. Oh and for all my people out there with food allergies; it’s both soy- and nut-free!
If you are out of avocado and still want to make a nice quick pasta dish check out this Alfredo dish I posted earlier, made with a cashew-based sauce instead.
Creamy Vegan Avocado Alfredo Ingredients:
- 250g dry spaghetti (I use brown rice pasta)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves *
- juice from 1 small lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- a pinch of maldon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare a medium-sized pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta, reduce heat slightly and cook until al dente, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- In a food processor, add in all the ingredients for the sauce. Blend until smooth and creamy. Scoop this into a large bowl.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the bowl as well. Toss together, before adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away, optionally with some additional basil leaves and/or chopped cherry tomatoes.
Any left-overs can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Additional notes (*):
You can use half the amount of dried basil instead if you cannot get your hands on fresh. It obviously not optimal, but a perfectly adequate substitute.